Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend Weigh In


Weight: 240


Swimming: 2 Workouts
51:27
1.1   Miles

Cycling: 1 Workout
59:42
13.97 Miles

Running: 3 Workouts
1:40:42
7.82 Miles

I’m a couple of days late on this, but the numbers are as of Friday, April 4.

Seeing the weight stall out is difficult, but my body must be gaining muscle and losing fat because my clothes are getting looser.  The Bridge to 10K program is going well, and I’m really enjoying running again.  I hope I can still say that when the Alabama heat and humidity are in full force during July and August.    I’ve started doing pushups and planks, using the Push Ups and Plank Challenge apps on my phone.  The mental challenge for these exercises reminds me of my first time going through C25K, and only jogging for 60 seconds at a time. “Really, only 6 push-ups at a time – I can do more than that!”  But I know that I’ve got to slow down to build my endurance, and I’ll be doing way more than that in a month or two.  However, I can already tell the benefits in pectoral and shoulder strength as I swim and ride in the aero position.

The Capital of Dreams Triathlon is just under 2 months away, and while I’ve not made up my mind yet, I’m leaning toward the Olympic distance.  I know I can do the swim without exerting too much energy, and the bike is a distance that is less than most of my current training rides.  Then there’s the 10K run.  I’ll be a month out of Bridge to 10K, so it’s just a matter of having enough gas in the tank to finish the run.

I guess it is time to start working with fuel* during the bike and run portions.

---

*On the ride home from Atlanta yesterday I did fuel up with a bag of Chex Mix Bold Party Mix, which gave me some pretty rank breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment