Friday, April 18, 2014

Weekend Weigh-in

Weight: 237
 Swimming:
2 Workouts
1:06:34
1.55 Miles

 Cycling:
1 Workout
1:56:50
21.84 Miles

Running:
2 Workouts
1:14:43
6.1 Miles

 Total:
6 Workouts
4:18:07
29.49 Miles

     This has been another good base building week for me. I’m still consistent with 2 swims per week, slowly increasing my distance. Wednesday brought 1500 yards, and felt very good. It won’t be long before one day is dedicated to distance, and another is dedicated to speed.

     My runs have been at a slower, relaxed pace. I thought I would never have a “relaxed pace,” while running, so this has been an awesome breakthrough. However, if you happen to see me running, you’ll notice that I resemble a person trying not to die, even if I feel good. I’m just not a good looking runner.

     The bike was a tough workout, with Heather inviting me along for a Sunday afternoon group ride. The distance wasn't so bad, but the hills… oh my goodness, the hills. My quads were very unhappy during this ride, and the day after. But in all honesty, it was a good ride for me. My HIM training plan calls for a hill workout once a week, so this will be a good route to remember.

     My diet has been better, but still not great*. I’m eating more fruit, and making some better choices when I go out to eat, so I’ll call it a win. Between the exercise and a better diet I am down 3 pounds, which is great for me. Just 37 lbs to race weight!

     And I can’t write this entry without sharing my newest purchase – a pair of Louis Garneau Tri X-Speed Shoes! I was browsing MontgomeryMultisport.com and saw them on closeout, so I made an impulse purchase and bought them. I've actually been looking for a pair of tri shoes, and they were the right price, so it made sense. My first ride with them will be tomorrow, so I’ll give an update after the ride.

*My breakfast this morning consisted of 3 donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts. Lunch included 2 more. I’m not a connoisseur, but I find Krispy Kreme to have a superior donut product.

-------------------  

Don’t forget to check me out on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment