Monday, February 17, 2014

Where Does the Time Go?

It is Monday night, and I'm supposed to be doing laundry and ironing my shirts.  Laundry is going, Dave Ramsey is on iHeartRadio, Clash of Clans is begging me to attack a few people, and the shirts are just hanging.  I might get to one tonight.  

I used to be a morning ironing guy.  You know him - the one who keeps the ironing board set up in the living room and only pressed a shirt when it was needed, which was most weekdays.  

Now I'm a morning training guy.  Right now my alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m., and when my training ramps up in May it will become 4:00 a.m..  This means that my ironing time has been moved.  

Scheduling can be difficult when I start doing long distance triathlons because of the different hats I wear.  

I'm a:
Husband
Bank Manager
Basketball Coach
Mentor
Triathlete in Training
Friend
Church Member
Son
And the list goes on...

I know that since I'm not a parent (yet) that many of you reading this are saying, "No kids?  You've got plenty of time, what are you talking about?"  I'm not trying to argue who has more time between you and me.  The point is that if you're going to commit to an Ironman you have to schedule your training.  

There are challenges: I want (and need) to spend time with my (super supportive) wife.  The pool is only open at certain times.  I have a job.  My name is not Frederik Van Lierde, and Gu does not pay me to wear their logo.  



----------------------
You can follow me on Twitter: @JerryWS98

No comments:

Post a Comment