Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Yes, it has been FOREVER since I've written here. I'll give you the breakdown.

I finished Rocketman Florida! 8:23:19 for those interested in the time. Here is my finisher's picture.



What's next? I'm glad you asked. Here is my short & long term race calendar.

2014
March 15: Centerpoint 5K
May 11: Agape's 3rd Annual Run for a Mom 5K (I'm running the course an hour before to turn this into a 10K)
September 28: Augusta Ironman 70.3
October 12: Montgomery Half Marathon
November 1: Volunteer at Ironman Florida
November 2: Sign up for Ironman Florida 2015
November 3: Pray that I don't have buyer's remorse after dropping the cash on Ironman Florida.

2015
November 7: Ironman Florida

Where I currently stand-
The Good: I have a 70.3 distance behind me. I know I can do it.
I still like swimming. A local swim coach has offered to coach a couple of us as well.
I'm actually enjoying the runs that I'm doing. I have a copule of guys who I run with, and this makes it much more enjoyable, even on my solo days.
Speaking of those guys, they are great accountability partners. I can tell the accountability is going to be great.

The Bad:
As of this morning, I weigh 243. I'm a big dude.
I still don't have a convenient place to practice open water swimming.
I'm more involved with Upward Basketball than I have been in the past. Time is at a premium until after March 1.

The Ugly:
I'll never be a good blogger. This is nothing new.

I'm continuing my journey to 140.6. I'm looking forward to hearing, "Jerry Shands, You are an Ironman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment