Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Vacation, a few pounds gained, and a new PR

     Life happens, which is a good thing.  Life happening also tends to slow down my blogging.  Here is the recap of the last few weeks. 

     Vacation finally arrived, and Brooke and I went on a Carnival Cruise.  Going out of Tampa was a breeze, and visiting Grand Cayman was really nice.  The boat also stopped in Cozumel, but we decided to stay on the boat since we've visited Cozumel before.  While I was on the boat I ran twice.  The first time was on the track, which was around 1/12 of a mile.  It sucked.  I might have ran a mile.  Probably not.  The second time was on a treadmill in the gym area.  20 minutes and I was almost seasick.  I’m sure it had nothing to do with the 2 helpings of warm chocolate melting cake I had the night before (hence the few pounds that I gained). 

     We got home on Thursday, and I ran the Centerpoint 5K on Saturday.  I’ll be honest, I was pessimistic at best about my time in this race since I had been on vacation earlier in the week.  I shouldn't have sold myself short.  31:27 = a new 5K PR for me!  Woot Woot! 

     Now that vacation is over, I've gotten back on pace with my swimming, finishing 1.2 miles this past Friday in just over 51 minutes.  I knew it was a relaxed pace, and I’m happy with that time.  I’m on week two of Bridge to 10K, and enjoying the running.  I hope this enjoyment can last through the summer heat.  Cycling has been pretty consistent at once per week, but I’m hoping to add a second day of hill training this week. 

     For those who are interested, I started a Couch to Ironman Facebook page (I'm looking for input on what you would like to see), and you can follow me on Twitter as well.   

And for anyone interested:
187 days until 70.3 Augusta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment