Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

     2012 was a great year for me.  2 job promotions, a new road bike, my first triathlon, and a new car for Brooke.  I'm sure there are plenty of things that I missed, but those are just several of the highlights that came to mind as I started writing.

     It also brought my desire to do a 70.3 triathlon.  After seeing some friends do one, I wanted to challenge myself as well.

     Scheduling my training has been challenging, but doable.  I've missed a couple of workouts due to the holidays, travel, and family coming into town, but now my calendar is dedicated to training.

     Today started with a nice bike ride - I got a little over 20 miles in.  I also found a wicked downhill which allowed me to get up to my fastest speed yet - 40mph!  I won't talk about the uphill trek that happened to get there.

      I'm working on getting my training schedule into a Google calendar.  Once I get it all put in, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment